A CALL FOR CONVERGENCE OF NATIONAL ANTI-CAPITALIST STRUGGLES!
In 2012, the whole of Europe, as well as total globe, was confronted by one, extremely threatening enemy: totalitarian capitalism. Many countries were already lost, and more were destined to succumb. We know how its effects are severe, regarding to the peoples as well as their environment.
Today the harmfulness of capitalism is in fact too well established across Europe: greed, growing poverty, foreclosures and unemployment, political corruption and exploitation are everywhere. This is not, like they said, a ‘crisis’! This is the new structural reality! Because capitalism is a system of domination. It is a systematic project of exploitation of land and people for financial profit of a small group of élites.
Our struggle against capitalism did not start yesterday but it is clear, therefore, that it is time to rethink traditional strategy and tactics when it comes to opposing a modern capitalist-dictatorial state. We need to use different tactics, frames and places. And, overcoming the isolation and separation of the various, pre-existing political realities, we need above all to focus on international convergence, exchange and sharing of practices for the solidification of our struggle!
For all these reasons, and after a good time of collective discussions and analyses, the participants in the anticapitalist event held in Milan on 3 december have gathered in a collective informal group named ACN/AKN. This loose collective, in a plurality of voices, can be a new pattern for us to make the connection between local fights and global struggle against capitalism!
ACN/AKN POLITICAL STATEMENT:
1. ACN/AKN (Anti-Capitalist Network) is an effort of linking the polymorfic nationalist anti-capitalist movements across Europe. It is a common ground, a free union of individuals, groups and movements who seek ways and means of opposing the dictatorship of capitalist system and neo-liberal globalization.
2. ACN/AKN is not a proper group or a party but an effort to widely and loosely link decentralized political actions under common points of views and that is why it has no members or representatives, chiefs or leadership. ACN/AKN could not and would not have a common policy, except the mutual agreement on the five basic directions:
3. A very clear rejection of capitalism, imperialism and globalization; our nations must refuse all trade agreements, institutions and goverments that promote destructive globalization;
4. The rejections of all forms and systems of exploitation, domination and profit. The refuse of the path of capitalist conformity that allow pseudocultural standards (like consumerism) and social obligations to control everyday life. We embrace the full dignity of all human beings, environment and living beings;
5. The need to channel widespread anger into activism rather than resignation. We need confrontational propaganda and counterinformation actions, the mixing of concepts, practices and solutions and the creation of a truly grassroots alternative to the current ugly structures of economic and social life. Show that Resistance is still alive and that a different way it’s possible!
6. A call to direct action of protests (against a closure of a factory, for example, or against temporary work) and solidarity demonstration, civil disobedience and support for social movements’ struggles, advocating forms of resistance which maximise respect for life and oppressed peoples’ rights, as well as the construction of national and local spaces and alternatives to global capitalism.
7. An organisational philosophy with concepts based on full decentralisation and autonomy.
Activating Resistance & Dissent! See you on the frontline!